A short period of extreme weather condition is enough to adversely impact your health, damage your house or office, destroy your properties and even affect your work efficiency among other unpleasant effects. It is therefore important that you tune-Up your air conditioner every year in order to always be in charge of your environment and avoid any of these impacts of a failed AC. Some benefits of an AC Tune Up include a longer lifespan, prevention of emergency repairs and improved efficiency. Maintaining your Air Conditioner (AC) involves inspection, cleaning, and changing different parts of the HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) equipment.
Importance of Yearly Tune-Up for the Air Conditioner.
An air conditioner requires a yearly tune up for it to maintain its optimal function. People who suffer from allergies and asthma should ensure their air conditioners are cleaned to minimize irritants. The air conditioner circulates and filters air, eliminating pollutants and mold. If the system is not cleaned and filters changed regularly, the AC can cause indoor air pollution which in return can trigger attacks in people with allergies.
Decreases Cases of Sudden Breakdown and Saves Money
As a significant investment in a home, an AC unit needs a yearly tune-up to ensure additional functional years. Regular maintenance of the AC helps avoid emergency repairs and inconveniences caused by a sudden break down of the unit. We all love saving some cash and this is a great way of making some savings for some other purposes. An AC tune-up ensures the functionality of the AC remains at its peak as it allows for one to detect minor issues with the equipment and repair them before they culminate to costly breakdowns. A regular AC tune-up helps identify cases of corrosion, mold growth, and clogging, which are repairable when detected earlier. When properly maintained, the air conditioner maintains years of reliable service, and thus manufacturers recommend tuning Up the AC each year to enhance its lifespan.
Keeps Warrant Valid
Apart from cost implications, a regular AC tune-up is a perfect strategy of keeping its warranty valid. Neglecting to maintain the equipment regularly makes the warrant void, especially when the unit becomes irreparable. It is highly likely for manufacturing companies to turn down a warranty of a non-maintained AC unit.
What an AC Tune-up involves
Different service providers provide various services on AC tuning up. However, some factors remain constant in all AC maintenance. A professional AC tune-up and Cleaning entails the following:
- Checking Refrigerant levels since appropriate refrigerant levels makes the system operation efficient.
- Cleaning the condenser coils to reduce wear and tear on the system. Dirt building up on the condenser coils can act as accidental insulation against energy transfer, which makes the system overwork and cost more money.
- Evaluating coolant level for peak operation maintenance.
- A complete calibration of the thermostat for verification of proper operation
- Inspecting ductwork to identify possible energy loss
- Assessing the performance of the blower metal
- Tightening and examining all electrical connections. The expert checks the voltage and current in the system
- Inspection and lubrication of moving parts including the motors of the system, fans, and the compressor to enable the system function efficiently.
- Examining capacitors for wear and tear.
Ready to Schedule a Maintenance?
The importance of an AC tune-up cannot be overemphasized. It is essential for the AC to maintain its optimal function and save on costs incurred during a sudden breakdown. Wait no more. Contact our HVAC Industries team and allow our experts to fine tune your AC and ensure it retains its peak functionality throughout. Contact us at 617-208-8812 and let us speak your language. We will provide additional information on how to manage your AC to survive summer and the heat rash.